Monday, February 06, 2017

Diabelli Project 143 - Flute and Clarinet Duet

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week's flash composition is a duet for flute and clarinet. This is the second time I've sketched one out in the Diabelli Project series (see: Diabelli Project 122). The previous sketch was a study in polytonality. This time, I was interested in various ways to transform my initial motif as it went along. Although, it might not be out of place in a larger work with that other sketch...



As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment