Friday, September 16, 2016

Line Mar Match Box Construction 020 Obelisk

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

020 Obelisk

The obelisk was the first construction to really give me trouble. Remember, this set is a new/old stock, and I was the first person to open it. I did a careful inventory of the parts, and based on the instruction sheet, I'm confident there are no missing pieces.

So I was quite surprised to find I was one piece short when I was building this. If you look very carefully, you'll see that the two pieces on either side of the big piece don't quite line up. That's because I really needed one more three-hole piece (like the one on the top) to use for the base.

The instructions clearly show that side piece resting on a small piece, and the four-hole part standing in the front. That left the two three-hole pieces, one of which had to be placed on top. So I balanced the big piece on the remaining three-hole piece, and just let the side piece rest on the surface rather than a metal piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment