Friday, August 05, 2016

Line Mar Match Box Construction 014 - Monument

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

014. Monument

Construction of this toy was pretty easy. I might be getting better at handling these tiny, lightweight parts with my fat, adult fingers. And it was fairly sturdy as well.

This was another toy that wasn't named what I expected. I guess I expect my monuments to be more monolithic. Sure, this could be a monument, I suppose. But to me, it looks like a New York City skyscraper on the Hudson River -- with yacht piers.


No comments:

Post a Comment